By Eric Olsen, Fasturtle
Mobile marketing has taken the world by storm. As more people take to their cell phones, it opens your company up to a whole new opportunity for marketing.
When considering a plan for mobile marketing, there are a few things a company needs to think about. First, you need to consider whether you’re going to create an alternative version of your desktop website, and if it will be a true mobile version or one that adjusts to phone, tablet or desktop, such as a responsive website.
Also, a mobile application is an option. Applications allow your company to be more proactive in your marketing allowing you to use push technology. Each of these is viable, depending on the marketing strategy you plan to implement. Visit www.fasturtle.com on your mobile phone to see the mobile version and to download our application. You can view examples such as:
• The restaurateur that wants to increase diners on a slow evening sends a FREE dessert special to loyal customers. These alerts would be sent to users that have downloaded your application.
• The storeowner looking to reward local customers with discounts or offers sends out geo-targeted alerts to people within a defined radius. The next 10 people that make a purchase with this code will receive [incentive].
People are spending a lot more time searching for your service and product on their mobile devices and less time on their desktop computers, especially during off-hours. In fact, there was eight times more mobile traffic data in 2011 than there was Internet data in 2000.
Here are a few ways that social media and SEO programs can come together to improve results.
Paid Organic Programs
With a paid organic program, the goals of social media and SEO programs can be met simultaneously. Whenever you create valuable, interesting content on your website, blog or other online platform, a paid organic program will then allow you to promote the posts to your demographic on social media sites such as Facebook and Twitter. Businesses benefit by receiving an increase of high quality links, engagement, traffic and conversions. Keep in mind, that when starting a paid organic program, it can be difficult to hone in on the appropriate audience.
SEO programs provide analytics that give valuable insights into the audience. Having these insights allows businesses to understand the types of content that yield the most effective link-building techniques as well as the most shares and engagement. With this information, you’ll be able to create more targeted content that will better resonate with users. Without analytics from an SEO program, content for social media and other sites is not as strong and effective as it could be.
Search engine optimization programs are able to identify users considered to be influencers, which are those individuals that own a popular website or blog. Earning a link from an influencer increases the success of an online marketing campaign from an SEO perspective, and also increases sales due to the increase in targeted traffic to the business website.
I wish you all the best with your digital marketing success in 2014!
Mobile Marketing Stats
• 6.8 billion cellphones are used globally. Only one-quarter of brands have a mobile marketing strategy and small business is less.
• Mobile marketing is expected to double over 2014 then double again in 2015.
• 46% of mobile users will never return to a website that doesn’t work on their phone on the first try.
• Email open rates rose 300% between 2010 and 2012 due to smartphone activity.
• Since 2009, ad revenue for mobile ads has quadrupled. This rate is expected to continue through 2016.
• Purchases: Average price spent; desktop $91.86, tablet $96.11, mobile phone $97.39
• 28% of people have used a QR code, while 18% use hashtags. QR code use has increased 300% from 2010 to 2011, so if you are trying to promote your website, try using QR codes on marketing material.
Sources: forbes.com, marketingcharts.com, cmo.com, socialmediatoday.com, smallbiztrends.com, searchenginejournal.com, mediapost.com
SEO and Social Media Facts
• The average content length is 2,000 words for web pages that get ranked in the top-10 results for any keywords.
• Users are 3 times more likely to share Pinterest pins, 66% more likely to retweet and 39% more likely to engage on Facebook while using a mobile device.
• Using videos on website landing pages can increase conversions by 86%. And videos get 267% more likes than normal posts.
• 67% of consumers state that the quality of a product image is paramount when selecting and purchasing products online.
• 6 out of 10 organizations plan to increase SEO spending this year.
• 83% of B2B marketers use LinkedIn to distribute content.
Eric Olsen founded Airpark-based digital marketing firm Fasturtle to provide small-business owners with strategic marketing solutions. Olsen has successfully started, acquired or partnered with multiple marketing firms in the digital marketing space. As a Constant Constact-endorsed presenter, Olsen continues to empower small-business owners and their staff with the tools and techniques for them to expand their brand. More: 480-348-0467; www.facebook.com/Fasturtle; Twitter @ericsolsen; @fasturtle; email@example.com.